1. Which of the following individuals is considered a national hero in Turkey? (Points : 1)
2. Why were the British so eager to control Egypt after World War I? (Points : 1)
They had the most powerful armed forces.
They had plans to install a vast irrigation system in the desert.
They wanted to control the Suez Canal.
They wanted to protect the treasures in the pyramids.
4. Which group of Muslims thought Saudi Arabia should strictly observe Islamic laws and model their society on the way people had lived 1,000 years earlier?
5. Which of the following did not stimulate the rise of Islamism and nationalism in the Middle East?
the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire
the discovery of gold
World War I
6. Which of the following caused the greatest change in the daily life of the Turkish people in the early twentieth century?
the decrees of the Muslim clerics
the Allied victory in the Great War
Mustafa Kemal’s reforms
the Kurdish revolt
7. Which Middle Eastern leader would have been most likely to advocate the following reforms: greater rights for women, state-run schools, and minimal participation of the clergy in government?
8. Which of the following statements most accurately describes the goal of the Zionists?
Zionists wanted to control the hill in Jerusalem known as Zion.
Zionists wanted to control the Middle East.
Zionists wanted to establish a homeland for the Jews in Palestine.
Zionists wanted to establish a home for the Wahhabists in Iraq.
9. Where did the nationalistic goals of Arabs and Jews come into the greatest conflict?
10. Which of the following statements about the Muslim Brotherhood is most accurate?
It denounced non-Muslims and wanted the government to adhere to strict Islamic law.
It encouraged foreign investment but wanted the government to respect Islamic law.
It was an ancient brotherhood that faded away with the Ottoman Empire.
It promoted Islam but wanted a constitution that separated church and state.
I am not cheating this is test prep please help